Costa Rica Investor Temporary Residence
Are you thinking about obtaining a residence to invest in Costa Rica?
Costa Rica is an ideal country to live also a great place to invest. In addition, Costa Rica is firmly positioned as one of the most attractive Latin American countries for investment, there are many investment options in Costa Rica. One of the most popular types of temporary residence in Costa Rica - is the category of an Investor with a minimum of a $200,000 USD property value.
The Investor category applies for an investment of $200,000 USD in a business or property in Costa Rica. You will need to prove to Costa Rican Immigration that you paid at least $200,000 USD for your property (home, business, etc.) in Costa Rica.
What do you need to get your Residency in Costa Rica as Investor?
- Check the investment according to CR specifications
- Criminal background check
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage certificate (if married)
- Application form and cover letter (we will complete it for you)
- Fingerprints (we help you with the appointment and the form)
- Consular Registration
- Eight passport-size photographs
- A $200,000 USD investment in a business or property.
- Must be in Costa Rica at least 1 day a year.
- You cannot work as an employee.
- Temporary Residency Investor – valid for 2 years, renewable.
- Can apply for permanent residency without conditions after 3 years.
- Can claim spouse and dependents.
- Can own a company and receive dividends.
- The government of Costa Rica approved the new regulations of the (Bill of Law. N. 22156) for this category, which include the reduction of the minimum investment from $200,000 USD to only $150,000 USD, as well as significant tax exemptions for containers of household items on first import and two personal vehicles.
- All the documents should be apostilled in your country of origin (if your home country is not part of the Apostille Convention, the documents should be authenticated or legalized in the Embassy of Costa Rica in your country of origin).
Cost of the Process:
if you live in Costa Rica and need the following documents, JAROS offers you service of processing and obtaining them at the additional cost:
* FBI Background Check & Apostille ($550 USD)
* Birth Certificate & Apostille ($450 USD)