Costa Rica Permanent Residence
Have you been a Temporary Resident of Costa Rica for the past three years?
In case this is your situation, you may be a candidate to obtain a Permanent Residency in Costa Rica. Permanent residency is an immigration status granted to foreigners who wish to settle permanently in Costa Rica. It allows temporary residents who have had their temporary residency for 3 years to enjoy a permanent residency and thus enjoy the rights and benefits as a Costa Rican citizen such as working, studying and receiving medical attention. The process to obtain permanent residency is to meet certain immigration requirements and go through an application process. Once obtained, permanent residency provides stability and security to foreigners in their new home and to be able to apply for a Costa Rican passport.
What do you need to get your Permanent status in Costa Rica?
- Police Record if you were outside the CR for 1 year or more.
- Consular Registration
- May apply after 3 years as a temporary resident.
- Can work as an employee or independent worker.
- Can own a company and receive dividends.
- All the documents should be apostilled in your country of origin (if your home country is not part of the Apostille Convention, the documents should be authenticated or legalized in the Embassy of Costa Rica in your country of origin).
Cost of the Process:
if you live in Costa Rica and need the following documents, JAROS offers you service of processing and obtaining them at the additional cost:
* FBI Background Check & Apostille ($550 USD)
* Birth Certificate & Apostille ($450 USD)