Costa Rica Residency for Parents
Are you the parent of a Costa Rican citizen? If so, you may qualify for the category Residency for Parents in Costa Rica. Keep in mind that your name must be on the child’s Birth Certificate on record at the Civil Registry.
Was your child born outside of Costa Rica and his father is Costa Rican? If that may be the case for you, you can apply for your child's naturalization. We can help you in your registration of your child in the Civil Registry of Costa Rica.
What do you need to get your Residency as a Parent of a Costa Rican citizen?
- Criminal Background Check;
- Birth Certificate;
- Application Form and Cover Letter (we take care of this)
- Fingerprints (we take care of this)
- Consular Registration (we take care of this)
- Eight passport-size photographs.
- Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Being named as a parent on the birth certificate of your Costa Rican child.
- Permanent residency category for parents of Costa Rican citizens.
- Can claim dependents 24 years of age and under.
- Can work as an employee or independent worker.
- Can own a company and receive dividends.
Note: All the documents should be apostilled in your country of origin (if your home country is not part of the Apostille Convention, the documents should be authenticated or legalized in the Embassy of Costa Rica in your country of origin).
Cost of the Process:
$1800 (HOLDER) $700 (spouse dependent) $500 (child dependent)
The Government fees and other expenses associated with your residency are not included.
In addition to our service fees, please note that there will be government fees and some additional expenses (such as Spanish translations, immigration appointments, local fingerprint appointment appointments to the yellow house, ID card – DIMEX, and security deposit (refundable), CASH register).
All prices are subject to change without notice.
Taxes are not included in the price.
TIME EXTENSION FOR SUBMITTING DOCUMENTS
You have 90 days to submit all required documents to Immigration (DGME) once your file is opened. Let's say a residency applicant has difficulty obtaining documents within the allotted 90-day period, and we can help. In this case, JAROS can request 1 extension of time to submit the documents (with a cost of $100 USD per time extension request).
If you like to get your residency as parents, Find out today! GET A FREE ASSESSMENT!